Saturday, May 11, 2013

Quayside Isle

Headed to Kith Cafe at Quayside Isle in Sentosa Cove for brunch with D and her boyfriend :)

It was a quiet afternoon and a beautiful start to 3 months of summer holidays!!

Perfect start to summer :)
Do not be deceived by the clouds in the photo though....the weather was unbearably warm! It's a miracle that we even stayed around for 2-3 hours because it was such a hot day?? And most of the cafes are alfresco facing the yachts docked in the cove. I'll admit it's a great view but it was so hot. Sometimes I wish I could walk around in a giant bubble of A/C to turn it on and off whenever I pleased..... This is the 21st century so why hasn't the individual A/C bubble been invented??? Teehee.

Brunch
So as usual, we over-ordered. I had the Big Breakfast which comes with a choice of toast and eggs, plus everything else on the plate. I chose brioche and scrambled eggs! I loooove scrambled eggs and I don't think I've ever chosen anything else when a choice has been involved :) it's just the most perfect most inviting breakfast / brunch food!! I can never get the perfect milky moist scrambled eggs at home though.... can someone please teach me how? It'd save me all the extravagant amounts I pay for brunch hahaha.

Also in the picture, I had a Hazelnut Nutella Milkshake, which wasn't as thick as I prefer my milkshakes to be; and D had Blackstone Poached Eggs, which she says were reallly yummy. Not in the picture: D's boyfriend's salad and chicken curry, and our huge side of truffle fries. Can you imagine, we were sooo full after the meal!!!!

Even though our tummies were bursting, we left Kith Cafe and went on to Sabio by the Sea for desserts hahahaha. I suppose there's always space for dessert! I once heard on the radio: "The space that you always have for dessert......is in your thighs!!!" I laughed but it doesn't affect how I eat. We shared this amazing sea salt caramel lava cake with a side of ice cream! It was divine :) I wanted to try their churros with chocolate sauce but I was too stuffed.... next time with T then ;)

Anyway, Resorts World has had this ongoing promotion for a 3D2N stay and two tickets to Universal Studios, Adventure Cove and SEA Aquarium for $628+. It's pretty amazing!!! D's staying there these two nights and I think it's the perfect getaway without actually having to go overseas.

The view from Hard Rock Hotel
I'm hoping to go overseas with T this summer but I doubt it'll happen because of our conflicting schedules :( so maybe I'll book this 3D2N thing instead? Can't quite decide cos we already went to Universal Studios last summer, and to the Aquarium early this year! Will probably do up posts on USS and the Aquarium in future when I get more comfortable with posting photos of us ;) stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment